Zoom G3 demo Boston Smokin guitar cover

Trying to recreate the 76 Boston sound with a Zoom G3.

Backingtrack used has absolutely no guitar on it, you can find it here:

Graphic EQ

Prese = 22

Freq = 21
Reso = 3
Mix = 29
HiDMP = 7
Level = 123

or you can download it at:

Video, Zoom G3Permalink

8 Responses to Zoom G3 demo Boston Smokin guitar cover

1. gofishduo says:

Awesome work Henky! When the vid started, I thought…when’s he gonna start playin’? OMG! He already is!…..I played the album with this track on it in my car for 12months solid when I was a kid! Ha ha!……….Very authentic!…………bob

2. Joe says:

this zoom g3 is awesome,planning to get one..one thing how is thing thru headphones,does it have that real stereo abiance sound like the korg pandora..thanks

• Henky says:

I don’t know about the Korg pandora but I can assure you the G3 sounds great thru headphones.
      It’s a great practise tool.

3. Jos says:

That’s the way to do it!
    Perfect sound and guitarplaying.
    Keep on rocking!

4. Patricio Badillo says:

I bought my G3 and was looking presets, good tone
    metallica do not have something to zoom G3?

5. Luis Garcia says:

I really like the cool tones you are able to reproduce with the G3. Im really looking to getting one real soon but I have a question you may be able to answer. Does this unit have any harmonizer effects? Ive seen a video on the G5 and it has that effect on it but I was curious to know if the G3 also had it. Thanks and keep up the awesome work!!

6. Matt Samudio says:

NICE ! The tone is right on the money, and I think your playing is even a bit tighter than Scholz’s … gives a nice “extra” edge to the tune – great job !

7. Troy says:

I always thought Boston layered many guitar parts together to get a wall of sound while recording. How many guitar parts are there in this recording ? just curious; btw, you sound great and i just bought a G3 used from the bay and can’t to get to playing.